Writer

Elizabeth A Crowley

Latest Content

Test Your Knowledge
Politics

Test Your Knowledge

Adams House Community Dinners
College

Adams House Organizes Community Dinner Speeches

Mariana Gudino Castañon '14 and Tyler Cusick '14 are both members of Harvard's Adams House and Co-organizers of the new ...

Adams House Community Dinners
House Life

Adams House Community Dinners

"Winnie the Pooh" House Caretaker Celebrates Birthday
Winnie the Pooh

Eastman and Pooh
On Campus

Today in Photos: 11/26/12

Eastman and Pooh
On Campus

Eastman and Pooh

George H. Eastman, a former Harvard student and professor, celebrates his 81st birthday next to Harvard's Pooh Tree with his family. A philosopher, father, and long-time lover of A.A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh series, Eastman began caring for the tree in 1995, when he fashioned a small red door for the entryway.

Books

Today in Photos (11/19/12)

Harvard in the City

Image

Michael David Cohen, former Harvard Graduate School student, discusses the effects of the Civil War on colleges and also regional differences between Northern and Southern institution. Cohen recently published his first book: Reconstructing the Campus: Higher Education and the American Civil War, and spoke at the Harvard Book Store.

College

Image

Sherehe
Theater

This Week in Arts (11/06)

Jazz Lives
On Campus

Jazz Lives

Fred Taylor reflects on the gradual movement of jazz from large, city clubs to smaller suburban centers. Taylor spoke on the panel "The Hub of Swing: A Look at Boston's Jazz Scene" with Steve Schwartz and Eric Jackson, all guests of the Office for the Arts at Harvard.

College

Image

Dr. Leah Garrett, professor at Monash University, discusses her research on Jewish American war novels of the 40's, particularly the groundbreaking presentations of Jewish American soldiers struggling with antisemitism, masculinity, and identity within their platoons. Garrett's lecture was sponsored by Harvard's Mahindra Humanities Center.

College

Today in Photos (10/18/2012)

On Campus

Today in Photos (10/17/2012)

Race

Image

Alexander Keyssar, Matthew W. Stirling Jr. Professor of History and Social Policy, reflects on the historical context of the current presidential campaign. Keyssar was one of five panel members who spoke in the History department's round-table presentation "Law, History, and the 2012 Election" yesterday.