Crimson staff writer

Amelia Roth-Dishy

Latest Content

Harvard Square Restaurant Guide
Arts

A Comprehensive Harvard Square Restaurant Guide

Tired of cooking yourself the same kind of meals night after night? Hoping to experience some variety that your dining hall can’t offer? Read on for the definite guide to a perfect outing.

“Every Day in Kaimukī” Still
Film

From Sundance: ‘Every Day in Kaimukī’: A Meditative Love Letter to a Neighborhood and its Community

The unassuming film pulses with a quiet, ruminative love for "Honolulu, to Kaimukī, and to the AAPI community" and the stories they carry.

“Honk for Jesus, Save Your Soul” Still
Film

From Sundance: ‘Honk For Jesus, Save Your Soul’ Worth Pulling Over For

Writer and director Adamma Ebo’s bleak, biting satire is a kinetic and often riotous critique of the socioeconomic rituals and artifices surrounding organized religion.

"Am I OK?" Still
Film

From Sundance: 'Am I OK?' is a Delightful Queer Coming-of-Age-ish Dramedy

Three big queer cheers for “Am I Ok?”, a poignant coming-of-age-ish dramedy that knows its wheelhouse, commits to form, and hits all the right beats.

"Good Luck to You, Leo Grande" Still
Film

From Sundance: A Poignant, Sex-Positive Actor’s Showcase in “Good Luck to You, Leo Grande”

The delicate, heartfelt film is steadfastly clear-eyed in its message and empathetic in its exploration of sexual self-empowerment at all ages.

"892" Still
Film

From Sundance: “892” Is Brilliant and Unflinching

Director Abi Damaris Corbin brings the true story of an almost Shakespearean tragedy to life onscreen with quietly effective acting and tremendous camera work.

"Call Jane" Still
Film

From Sundance: Elizabeth Banks Shines In the Lively Yet Flawed ‘Call Jane’

A fictionalized account of the real Chicago-area underground abortion network called the Jane Collective, the film makes for an entertaining, impassioned piece of filmmaking.

Evvie Jagoda Press Image
Arts

Harvard PhD Evvie Jagoda: A ‘Survivor’ Season 41 Fan Favorite

The Crimson caught up with Jagoda last month after their elimination and discussed gameplay, the history of queer representation on the show, going from Harvard to “Survivor,” turtle migrations, and more.

Amelia Arts Vanity 2021
Arts

Arts Vanity: Help! A Pitch About 'Glee' Took Over My Crimson Identity

I fear that my legacy in the eyes of the 151s, the 150s, and even, woefully, the beloved incoming execs of the 149th Guard has become inextricable from one horrible, wonderful television series about a high school show choir in Ohio.

"Working for the Knife" Cover Art
Music

Single Review: ‘Working for the Knife’ Marks a Sharp Point in Mitski’s Career

Mitski is nothing if not a master of amplification through recursion, of making us sing along to the suffocating passage of time.

jlo-challenge
Arts

What the Hell Happened: J-Lo Throws Jewelry, Her Public Image In the Sand

Jennifer Lopez recently came under fire for attempting to start a TikTok-esque challenge. The premise of the #LoveDontCostAThingChallenge? Throw your valuables in the sand, kids!

Arts Blog Meme Image
Arts

Arts Vanity: 2020, A Year in Unclaimed Blog Pieces

Well, to give you a little taste of what you might have missed out on this year, we will rank our top Arts Blog ideas that never saw the light of day.

Anjimile NNAMDI Single Cover
Arts

Single Review: ‘Baby No More (NNAMDÏ’s Dream)’ Is Piano-Cover Magic

Far more than a derivative of the original, “Baby No More (NNAMDÏ’s Dream)” opens a dialogue that expands the possibilities of the song itself.

DWTS Baskin still
Arts

What the Hell Happened: The Real Winner of 'Dancing with the Stars' Is Netflix

My only salient thought while watching the “DWTS” premiere was that I should turn off ABC and reload Netflix.

"Survivor" Season 40 Still
Arts

One Big, Sweaty, Tired ‘Survivor’ Family

Nothing is more thrilling to us, the viewers, than an increasing sense of collective control over the game. It’s less a power struggle than a strong-willed crew of fans, players, and producers growing together into a real “Survivor” family where we get the kids on weekends.