Crimson staff writer

Miranda L Ryshawy

Latest Content

Fifteen Questions

15 Questions with Colm Tóibín

The film adaptation of Tóibín's​ 2009 novel ​Brooklyn ​has been nominated for three Academy Awards.

Banana Phone
Fifteen Most Interesting

Ema H. Horvath

Ema H. Horvath’s career began at the age of five when she spotted an advertisement for auditions at a local theater while reading the newspaper.

College

Coordinates: Radcliffe Yard

​Early Wednesday afternoon, I trudged wearily from Sever Hall to Radcliffe Yard. I did not make this journey voluntarily—if it were up to me, I’d spend my afternoon napping. But FM sent me out to investigate this mysterious site, and I took up the gauntlet.

Academics

What Concentration to Declare, Based on Free Trips

FM has news for you: Your field-tripping days have only just begun. As long as you take the right classes and/or choose the right concentrations, you can travel the globe on Harvard’s dime. FM is prepared to share the inside scoop and make your wildest dreams of adventure possible. There’s no time to waste—concentration deadlines are right around the corner. So get those study cards signed, and then get packing! ​

Dorm Crew

Dorm Crew Dairies: Weird Stuff in Rooms

Harvard Dorm Crew is a division of Facilities Maintenance Operations and employs scores of students to perform custodial jobs for on-campus housing. The students running this massive operation are no strangers to surprise. The cleaning teams have tackled everything from giant messes to bizarre left-behind possessions. After the mass exodus of students at the start of summer, dorm crew employees remain at Harvard to clean out the newly vacated rooms. It’s a chance to see the school in a whole new light, and catch glimpses of student lives from Mather to the Quad. It’s also a chance to find some crazy stuff.

Year in Review

Spotted: the Young and the Famous

There have been some pretty major sightings at Harvard this year.

College

Mad Lib: Why I Can't Go To Your Performance

Sorry I can't make it to your show!

Student Life

Teen Mag Quiz: Where is Your Missing Coat?

We’ve all seen that desperate Facebook post. You know, the one that reads something like this: “I lost my black Canada Goose jacket, size medium, this weekend! FM has developed a tried-and-true method for locating said article of clothing.

College

The Shocking Truth Behind the HUDS Birthday Cake: Important Investigative Journalism

What is the deal with HUDS Birthday Cake???

College

Body By ROTC

We’ll be the first to admit it: we aren’t the most muscular writers on FM. We don’t have the prodigious heft of Nathan and Ben, for instance. But, feeling fed up with the biting jabs about our scrawniness at writers’ meetings, we recently sought the help and advice of one of the fittest people on campus: Carolyn F. Pushaw ’16, a Marine-option ROTC midshipmen.

Brandon Stanton Speaks at the IOP
Student Groups

Scene and Heard: Humans of New York

When the John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum announced Brandon Stanton—the man with 2.5 million Instagram followers—would be visiting Harvard to speak, we scrambled to enter the lottery for the event. With the fates smiling upon us, we received confirmation emails a few days later.

Sun Compass
College

10 Questions with John Huth

John Huth, esteemed experimental particle physicist, member of the ATLAS Collaboration at the European Center for Nuclear Physics, and professor of Science of the Physical Universe 26: “Primitive Navigation,” has an office that’s really hard to find.

Around Town

Costumes in the Square

Lazy and at a loss for a Halloween costume? Never fear! The costume you’ve always dreamed of can be found right here in the Square—you just need to know where to look. Luckily, FM has collected some hidden Halloween gems.