{shortcode-c40ddf787f37807cbc3e8ca680813618794acc12}March 11 marked one year since the WHO officially declared Covid-19 a global pandemic. In true human fashion, we found solace in baking various types of bread, rediscovering our New Year’s resolutions and eating blueberries with ice. If you aren’t living under a rock, then you probably tried one or more of these trends. We took a trip down memory lane and compiled a list of the best and worst of trends from the beginning of quarantine.

Banana Bread

I mean, this needs no explanation. Bananas and bread are both elite foods that go perfectly together. If made well, the moist, aromatic, spiced, yummy goodness of banana bread is perfect for every meal. Pro tip: add caramelized bananas and some flaky salt on top for an extra kick (it’s so good, kind of like salted banana caramel). If you’re on that health grind, substitute the flour for ground oats and use a natural sweetener. Is it bread? Cake? We don’t know, but banana bread gets the Flyby stamp of approval.

Dalgona Coffee

Dalgona Coffee is a popular drink made up of instant coffee, sugar and water whipped up to a foam and poured over your milk of choice. As a person who drinks coffee on a daily basis to feel anything, I like this trend by default. However, the amount of time it takes to whip the coffee to a foamy consistency is way too much effort to sustain daily, unless you count it as your arm workout, in which case more power to you.

Tie Dye

Tie dye brought all of our colorful childhood dreams back to life. The combination of bright colours and random patterns seems to induce some type of happiness juice that makes everyone go crazy for this hot fashion trend. Although not every piece is going to fit that perfect Instagram aesthetic, the best part of this trend is that beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder and the possibilities are truly limitless.

Chloe Ting

Quarantine forced each and every one of us to rethink the idea of exercise as our daily step counts dropped from the thousands to hundreds. Luckily, Chloe Ting has the answer. Chloe Ting posts free workout videos on YouTube and has garnered over 18.6 million subscribers. Her most popular video “Get Abs in 2 weeks” has over 320 million views (To give you some perspective, there are 331 million people in the United States). With gyms closed, her at-home workouts have provided the perfect way to work out within the comfort of one’s home, even attracting a huge beginner audience. If you’re looking for a way to add some movement in your day, take a Zoom break and try out one of Chloe’s workouts.

Nature’s Cereal

Please somebody explain why this is a trend at all. Nature’s cereal is a bowl of coconut water, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and ice — so basically a bunch of fruit in cold water. This is a bowl of soggy fruit salad and you cannot convince me otherwise.

TikTok Dances

We’ve all had those moments of sitting on the couch, seeing a dance come up on your FYP and thinking, “That’s not that hard, I can probably do this.” And then you find yourself, three hours later, a sweaty mess with 50 horrible drafts and no satisfactory results. It was at that point you realized, “huh, maybe Charlie D’Amelio really is a good dancer.” Pretty much the only good thing about TikTok dances is that dancers get to show off their talents and make money — oh, and it’s fun (if you like that kind of thing). The darker side of TikTok dances, however, is a different story. We’ve seen waaaay too many junior high boys gyrating and rolling their sweatpant-clad shirtless bodies all over the internet, and they need to be stopped before we start washing our eyes with bleach. Anyway, if you’re bored in the house and in the house bored, go ahead and try to make it drop from the top like a wet….. you get the gist.

Tiger King

Carole Baskin killed her husband. Period. Honestly, “Tiger King” may have been the most uniting force in human history. The absurdity of Joe Exotic, his big cats, the murder plot, and the toxic relationships came together to create a saga that satisfied all our drama dreams. This show single-handedly kept many of us sane in the first month of quarantine and somehow connected the human race in the most isolating time. “Tiger King” definitely gets a five-star rating from the Blog.

Quarantine is the perfect time to pick up new hobbies like bread-making and rediscover old flames such as tie-dying. If you haven’t tried one of these quarantine trends, it's never too late to hop on and try out one of these for yourself. Who knows, you might be in the TikTok or Instagram algorithm gods’ favor and go viral!