For those of you who missed out on the big game (spoiler alert: Harvard didn't do well)—here's a roundup of some of the tweets that kept the twittersphere buzzing Thursday afternoon:

Reality Check? This is a pretty big deal—or as @harvardhoochies put it, "Harvard wants this win against Vandy as much as we want Harvard husbands." So what's our consolation prize? According to @The_REAL_DonDon: "It's okay Harvard, go back to being doctors and lawyers and stuff." #tootrue

Math nerds—on and off the court? Perhaps it is all in the numbers—at least according to @BenSicoli who instructed that Harvard "must create an algorithm to win this game or my bracket is screwed." However, at least some people understood that this was basketball and not a math test. @WriterJane74 later tweeted "Dear TV guys, please stop making nerd jokes about #Harvard, and admit the boys can play." #smartball

Our Cheerleaders? Apparently our cheerleaders have more than just their smarts going for them—as @ShelleyLeeGreen tweeted "Rooting for Harvard because their cheerleaders actually look normal...#HeyHeyHarvard." But don't be fooled. Our cheerleaders are nowhere close to being underdogs given tweets like @DoggyStyleRadio's that unequivocally declared: "Gonna go on record and say that the Harvard cheerleaders are hot." #iseeyouharvard

The Bottom Line? In making it to the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1946, Harvard's basketball team reminded the rest of the world (and all of us as well) that Harvard students can play ball—and do just about anything else—too. #GoCrimson