Around the Ivies Plus

Power Outages, Basketball Controversy, and Vegan Petitions

March 08, 2016

Condolences to the entire Cornell community and especially to the family of university President Elizabeth Garrett, who passed away last night after suffering from colon cancer.

Read more

Mixed Responses to Caitlyn Jenner, Fossil Fuels, and Mixers Gone Awry

February 22, 2016

First of all: are you following the Ivy League campus story? That’s probably the best place to get news about what is happening in and around the elite schools of the North East, but if you haven’t been keeping up, Flyby is here to fill you in.

Read more

Dartmouth Dhall Bandits, Re-Inflated Grades at Princeton, and Columbia's "Dicktation" Graffiti

October 20, 2014

Harvard is well-known for grade inflation (#aminusgate), which we can all safely agree is better than grade deflation, a policy Princeton famously has—or rather, had. Earlier this month, faculty members finally voted to repeal this policy, making our peers over in New Jersey breathe a big sigh of relief and stop doing the reading for their sections. The administration figured this policy leads to “additional stress for students” and that it even “affects applications from prospective students.” Gee, maybe they were wondering why they were losing so many cross-admits to Harvard?

Read more

Dueling Tampons, Elevator Sex, Easy A’s, and Yalies Who Don’t Know How to Feed Themselves

April 09, 2014

The quick and dirty about what's been going on around the Ancient Eight (and other schools too).

Read more

New Princeton Secret Society, Frats Shut Down Faster Than Freshman Dorm Parties at Cornell

March 20, 2014

The quick and dirty about what's been going on around the Ancient Eight.

Read more