{shortcode-ead706f04d82da9c4edf5514897c54a1d0d345f2}

Well, here we are again. Another March, another plethora of videos about which the Harvard student body simply cannot agree. So, Flyby must swoop in and come up with a new, official ranking so that the Harvard student body can start getting mad at us instead of each other. You’re welcome.

And before you accuse us of bias, you should note that we recused ourselves from voting on our own Houses. So, without further ado:

S Tier

Currier

This video was simply phenomenal. We loved the song choices, the catchiness of the chorus (Tree-yee!), and the amazing graphics. And there was so much community participation — it seemed like everyone in the house was involved! Of course, no video is perfect: we didn’t really follow the heist plot. Harvard students continue to have the special talent of turning everything fun into as much of a commitment as an extracurricular, but if this is the result, maybe that’s fine…

Cabot

The story? The vocals? The lyrics? The HUDS involvement? Rakesh? We couldn’t pick a favorite part of this video. We also enjoy a good behind-the-scenes moment, which is an underutilized way to acclimate viewers with the ~house vibe~. But no Housing Day video needs to be 9 minutes long. It’s simply too many minutes. So, S tier, but you’re on thin ice.

A Tier

Mather

As one of our writers said, “this one is my mom’s favorite.” This video is the quintessential Housing Day video. A rap, some vocals, lots of house involvement but not an insane amount, and people with insane upper body strength. The “con-crete” refrain, like “tree-yee,” was catchy, but also… me when someone asks me what the biggest island in Greece is…

Quincy

This one was definitely contentious, but the subtitles, graphics, and outfits elevated it to A tier. We didn’t really understand why Mather, Kirkland and Lowell were the ones listed as clones, since those houses look pretty different… But we were willing to vibe with Barbie anyway. And 4 minutes is the perfect video length.

B Tier

Dunster

The word that most came to mind was “cute.” The skit was cute, the lyrics were cute, “you belong with meese” was cute. Vocals were tight, and so was the relationship between the protagonist and the moose. As one of our writers said, “I ship it.” But the video, simply put, didn’t have a lot of people. And the antlers were “scary.”

Eliot

“Your interhouse is irrelevant, goodbye” was a standout lyric from this crop of videos. Again, the vocals were excellent, and most of the lyrics were great too… though we don’t know how we feel about the euphemism of “our trunks.” Until a certain point, this video could have been an A… and then it kept going. What did you need seven and a half minutes for?

C Tier

Lev

This video was very wholesome, and the baby featured is very cute, as was “L-E-V Love.” The vocals were great, which is beginning to be a trend! But is there a reason they chose “Tik Tok” as the song? Besides the impending ban…

Kirkland

Again, good vocals, and the choreo blew us away! And we were very impressed by the Barbies. But… about half of this video was not filmed in Kirkland. They kept getting further and further away from Kirkland. Why are you on the Weeks Bridge? Also, too long, again! Guys, we have to watch twelve of these!

D Tier

Winthrop

First of all, we had to take off points because this one was posted so late. Like, literally on Housing Day. And the song was also late, a.k.a. almost two minutes into this video. And the lip-syncing in the last part was also about a lyric behind. But! There was definitely an artistic vision. And this video is not horrendously long.

Lowell

Ok, we’ve been dogging on long videos, but two minutes is slacking. We also thought the lyrics could have been more creative. And we’d like to take this opportunity to air a specific grievance: why are we talking about Stanford? Why do we suddenly care about Stanford? But the video did have a good amount of people in it! A community win is a win.

Pf Tier

Pfoho

Well, this was a video. There was so much potential in the beginning to film it as a homage to Saltburn, but as is, there wasn’t really that spark. And the house looked completely empty in all the shots — where is everybody? We also thought the whole thing was a bit low energy. But, there were funny moments, like “cool clock” and the mewing. Also, what does it mean that you’re “boutta quad?” And it better not mean what we’re worried it means.

Adams

YOU’RE TRYING TO WHAT????

Also, points taken away for releasing so late.

And there you have it! Please, please tell us where we went wrong. We care so much.