{shortcode-ae02d4d7aa3f175aa3825e269d09e666d23f4630}So you got accepted into Harvard but can’t make it to Visitas? You’ve got nothing to worry about! There are tons of amazing resources out there that will help you get a better idea of what life at Harvard looks like. Coming from someone whose first time on campus was quite literally her move-in day, here are a few things I found useful:

1. Following @flybyblog on Instagram, visit our wonderful webpage, subscribe to Harvard Today immediately. This is not even my usual Flyby propaganda. I genuinely did read up on blog articles as a prefrosh not only for amusement but also to get a feel for the school culture. Who wouldn’t want to go to school where the content that resonates most with the student population is either about midterms or being single and lonely? Just kidding! We are all really happy to be here.

2. Take a virtual tour of our wonderful campus. It truly will not matter whether you tour the school in-person or online because I promise you: everyone will be equally lost once they move in. Just remember, the Yard is grassless for the majority of the school year so take those pretty pictures with a little grain of salt ;(

3. Talk to current students. Not only is this an amazing way to make new friends, it is also undoubtedly the best way to get real insight into what life is like on campus. You can always DM someone on insta, too.

4. In the same vein, watch Harvard vlogs on YouTube, TikTok, etc. This is a great way to familiarize yourself with the school if you don’t know any upperclassmen. Honestly speaking, Christine Lee ’23, who also happens to be a beloved member of Flyby, single-handedly made me excited for freshman year. Her YouTube channel is not only so aesthetic but it is such an amazing resource if you want to see what life at Harvard is like.

5. Check out the First-Year Experience website. This resource is probably best for logistical things like dorm life, programming, or campus resources, and you email them with any questions you may have.

6. Sit back and relax! You are going to learn everything you need to know about Harvard once you get to campus. So, take this time to relax, hang out with your hometown friends, and be proud of yourself for how far you've come.

Sure, Visitas is a great time to explore Harvard, but it’s definitely not the only resource available to you. Remember, you’ll have the next four years to experience the wonders and struggles of college life so don’t worry at all if you aren’t able to visit campus before move-in. I can’t wait to welcome all of you next semester — get hyped for college but also make sure to spend some time enjoying the rest of your senior year of high school!