{shortcode-4ae655ddb2b15f6845fb22d8fdfb41d756b6884c}

Crimson Jam has been postponed, and my current chances of seeing B.o.B. in Harvard Yard are dashed. And while that news is deeply upsetting, I’m a little more stressed about the whole idea that case counts might send us home again. In light of the new Covid-19 campus guidelines, I sure could use a guide on how to not fall into a nihilistic pit at the thought of yet another year of normal life wrested from my hands due to the pandemic. Usually I’d put a witty phrase here, but I’m not sure if I have the strength, so here we go:

1) Text someone you care about

I don’t know about you, but I’m a serial Shit,-I-read-this-text-and-forgot-to- reply-even-though-I-care-about-you type of person. Even if you have, like, functional communication skills, it’s still a good idea to connect to the people that make your life bright instead of staring at your dorm ceiling or doomscrolling.

2) Go outside and stare at the Charles

Disclaimer: This is more of a daytime suggestion. You should probably not wander the riverbank alone at night.

That said, there’s not a whole lot of ways to get out to nature and decompress within the Harvard Bubble. Luckily, we do have a decently cute lil river nearby. Maybe you can pretend you’re in a dramatic movie or something and look out over Weeks Bridge during the sunset? I don’t know.

3) Take a nap

I did, and it made me feel better.

4) Do your homework! Actually!

It’s now occurring to me that all of the above suggestions involve a fair bit of escapism. At the end of the day, grades and due dates still exist, so it’s probably not a horrible idea to stay on top of your readings and psets instead of spending all your time texting the besties / looking at water / sleeping. Maybe it’ll make you feel normal and distract you from the capacity limits of the Harvard Hotel. :-) hehe

5) Pretend that airplanes in the sky are like shooting stars

I could really use a wish right now, wish right now.

Anyway, hope you’re all doing well. If someone actually knows how to cope with Potential Eviction 2: Electric Boogaloo, call me, beep me, you know how to reach me.