{shortcode-57d50dd1eb9a949bf2a8d2a8c70964af04b7a54d}Every snow storm in Cambridge brings with it a host of goodies including cancelled classes, warm cocoa, and transportation nightmares. MBTA passengers, especially those who ride the T’s Red Line, are no strangers to delays and bus substitutes. So why did I think today would be any different? Today, I was trapped on the Red Line for a half-hour long trip from Kendall Square to Harvard Square (that's two stops, for those of you who are counting). Here’s a minute-by-minute recap of my latest transportation woes:

12:31 p.m.: After finishing up with a meeting in Kendall Square, I arrive back at the Kendall/MIT station for a smooth quick ride back to Harvard. It only took 8 minutes earlier in the morning. What could possibly go wrong?

12:34 p.m.: My train arrives and I board. The conductor makes an announcement that a track issue near Harvard Station will delay the train. No problem, so long as everyone’s safe.

12:41 p.m.: The train still hasn’t left the station. I check Twitter to find the Cambridge Fire Department report a fire around Harvard Station. I didn’t realize the Lowell dining hall had relocated.

12:44 p.m.: We’ve moved a bit but we’re stopped in the tunnel somewhere between Kendall and Central. I start to regret not packing snacks.

12:45 p.m.: The man sitting across the train from me begins making phone calls and complaining that he shouldn’t have left work so early. I make a mental note that any and all future jobs of mine must offer the flexibility to phone it in on snowy Fridays.

12:48 p.m.: We’re moving again. HUDS chicken strips are calling my name.

12:53 p.m.: We’re stopped again, just past Central. I’m reminded of my Shuttle Ride of Doom and inspired to share my latest transportation woes with Flyby's loyal readers.

1:01 p.m.: Finally back to Cambridge. It’s not snowing as much anymore. How long was I trapped underground anyway?