Get psyched for Yardfest! Unless you’ve been living under a rock, Jessie J is coming today– read up about her if you need some last-minute brushing up on her music! Oh right, and it’s also Visitas weekend, how convenient for the prefrosh who can’t get into Yardfest and the hosts who signed up to be their friends all weekend (#lol). Stay safe and have a great weekend, everyone!
IN THE DHALL
Catch of the Day
Southern Style Pulled Pork Sandwich
Baby Kale Caesar
Pasta Salad Primavera
IN THE ATMOSPHERE
It’s going to be a lovely but slightly chilly day, with highs of 57 degrees and lows of 37 degrees. But with no precipitation in sight, leave your umbrellas home! But consider layering up so you can have the best time possible at Yardfest today.
1) Shake Shack Student Promotion: There’s a special student discount– read up for details!
IN THE NEWS
1) Legal Group Prepares To Intervene in Affirmative Action Suit: “Two attorneys from the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights and Economic Justice solicited input from College students Thursday as the group prepares to intervene against a pending lawsuit that alleges that Harvard uses “racially and ethnically discriminatory policies” in its admissions process.”
2) Campus Services Seeks Optimal Food Trucks: “With the goal of finding the perfect combination for Harvard diners, Harvard Campus Services continues to experiment with the selection of food trucks serving in the Science Center Plaza under the University’s Common Spaces Initiative.”
3) HUDS Expands Yardfest Sustainability Efforts: “Harvard University Dining Services is increasing focus on sustainability at this year's Yardfest, the College’s outdoor concert headlined by Jessie J, with a buffet featuring completely compostable dishware in an effort to reduce waste at the event.”
4) Man Allegedly Exposes Himself to Student on Mt. Auburn: “A man allegedly exposed himself to a Harvard student at about 11:45 p.m. on Wednesday, according to Cambridge Police Department spokesperson Jeremy Warnick. There has not been an arrest.”
5) Curator Introduces Exhibit Exploring Evolution on Islands: “Jonathan B. Losos ’84, professor of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology and curator of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, spoke about the relevance of islands to the study of evolution at the Geological Lecture Hall on Thursday evening.”
6) Arts and Technology Speakers Come Together At Conference: “Speakers from the arts and technology sectors came together on Thursday for “Art, Technology, Psyche,” an all-day conference hosted by the Digital Futures consortium and the Digital Arts and Humanities Group, which aimed to spark a dialogue among those interested in the intersection of the two fields.”
1) A Sport Unlike Any Other: “On the smoothest of days, when cars sail up I-93 North beneath a cloudless sky, it takes about 40 minutes to travel from the black gates of Harvard University to the red wooden sign that demarcates the Harvard Polo and Equestrian Center.”
EVENTS: VISITAS WEEKEND
Today the College Events Board is presenting Yardfest, an evening of music, food, and college-wide revelry from 5-9 p.m.! Featuring Jessie J and incredible student openers Black Tie Affair and The Intrinsics in the Tercentenary Theatre. Dinner will also be served!
Bachelorette is on all weekend at Farkas Hall at 7:30 p.m.! It’s free with HUID tonight, or get your tickets at the Box Office.
Harvard Environmental Action Committee is having their Earth Day Festival on Saturday from 12 to 4 p.m. in the Mac Quad. Free Nalgenes, a petting zoo, food, and more!
Harvard Forum for International Development is having a Global Health and International Development Collaborative Dessert Social Saturday night from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Lamont Forum Room.
The TLA Improv Group is having their 2nd Annual Fortune Cookie Show at 8 p.m. on Saturday in Science Center A. Prefrosh welcome!
Eleganza is on Saturday night at 8 p.m. in Lavietes Pavilion. Regular General Admission tickets are $15.
Hillel’s Last Bagel Brunch is on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. at 52 Mount Auburn St.
The Harvard Community Garden is having an Earth Day Brunch on Sunday from 12 to 3 p.m. at 47 Holyoke Place.
Harvard Dharma is having their Spring Kite Festival in the Quad on Sunday from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Kites, samosas, and mango lassi!
The Crimson Dance Team’s Spring Show is on Sunday night at 5:30 p.m. at 60 Garden Street. Free admission!