Every day between now and Housing Day, Flyby will release two new House rankings. The top two Houses will be revealed on Wednesday, March 13. Check back daily for updates!

The phrase, "I can see the SOCH from my House!" is not generally considered a good thing among Harvard undergraduates.

Throughout the (distinguished) history of Flyby House Rankings, Cabot House has been nowhere near the top five. In fact, the House has typically ranked in the bottom two. So what's changed? Not much, as it turns out. After our careful research, it comes down to this—Cabot has simply been underrated. Yes, it's in the Quad. But Cabot's large singles, abundant facilities, beloved House Masters, and overall pleasant atmosphere make it one of the more appealing Houses on campus.

House Spirit: Everyone in Cabot loves Cabot. Described as "homey" and "community driven," life in Cabot is friendly and fun. Every Sunday, the House runs "Cabot Sharing" in the dining hall, where students and tutors alike can pick up the open microphone to share anything important to them—be it their research, an emotional story, or even a joke. On the weekends, one can always find a friend in the dining hall during the day and a raging party at night.

Housing Quality: Although (and probably because) it is far from the Yard and the Square, Cabot's rooms are spacious and comfortable. Most sophomores have singles, and large common rooms looking out over the Quad are the norm. Four of the six buildings are connected to each other and the dining hall by underground tunnels, meaning that most of Cabot residents don't have to step outside to get Sunday brunch. Being in the Quad has its perks as well—Cabot residents never have to worry about neighborhood noise (although noise can sometimes carry from room to room).

Dining Hall: Cabot dining hall is small but pleasant. Looking out over the Quad, it functions a central hub at all hours of the day and night. The dining hall is very modern—it lacks the "old Harvard" feel prevalent in the rest of the House—and sometimes overcrowded due to its size, but students love the friendly dining hall staff and the cozy atmosphere.

Facilities: Cabot seems to have everything. From the newly renovated gym to the theater to the abundance of pianos (the most, we think, of any House), it is easy to enjoy Cabot's benefits. Cabot is also home to Quad Bikes and Cabot Café, where students can get a snack until 1 a.m. on weeknights.

House Masters: Rakesh and Stephanie Khurana are the catalysts for Cabot's strong House life. They can be found eating in the dining hall regularly, and they frequently lend their support to student-driven projects such as the creation of the roughly 600-square-foot Cabot Art Space (due to open this spring). Students describe them as one of the best parts of Cabot House.