Not sure what to give your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day? Think expensive chocolate is too cliché? Not into the cheesy romantic stuff? Don’t worry: the Class Clowns (Harvard’s undergraduate clown club) has a solution guaranteed to make your Valentine smile.

The Class Clowns are currently organizing a Valentine’s Day balloon gram fundraiser. While a traditional romantic may send a loved one a candy gram, you can surprise your sweetheart with a fun balloon animal instead.

If creating a Build-a-Bear is too complicated, a balloon teddy bear is the perfect substitute. Does your Valentine love flowers? Balloon flowers offer a less prickly but equally beautiful alternative to roses.

You can register for your balloon gram online and pay for it at the Science Center between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. from Feb. 9 to Feb. 11. The Class Clowns will then deliver your gift after 4 p.m. on Feb. 14.

Pictures of the balloon shapes offered can be seen on the event’s Facebook page. The prices vary based on the number of balloons used to construct the gift, ranging from $1 to $5.

Proceeds benefit club operational costs which, according to Clown Training Chair Nancy Chen '13, are "part bonding, part fundraising." The club teaches clowning skills, such as making balloon animals and juggling, and members "volunteer to cheer people up."

"We got the inspiration [for balloon grams] from watching other people give candy grams," Chen said. "We’re really excited to have everyone together to make balloons."

What are you waiting for? Spread love through laughter this Valentine’s Day!

Photo courtesy of Harvard Class Clowns