The quick and dirty about what's been going on around the Ancient Eight (and some other schools too).

Just when you thought Yale had mastered the art of the creepy-but-loveable promotional video, Middlebury comes in with one of its own that may just take the cake. Meet “MiddKidd,” a parody of our favorite masterpiece, “That’s Why I Chose Yale.”

With a catchy beat, a refrain about rolled-up jeans and Nalgene bottles, and a transition into a “Lax Bro” routine at the end that is just, well, classic, “MiddKidd” is that rare work of art—satirical but substantive, primitive but profound, base but beautiful. Check out the lyrics to see what we mean.

While we’re on the subject of the “Lax Bro,” an anonymous group has attacked fraternities at Dartmouth with accusatory signs and women’s underwear. The Psi Upsilon house lawn was adorned with an orange poster that accused the club of being racist and sexist. “You have been charged with representing your brotherhood to Dartmouth as racist and insensitive,” the sign read.  Pieces of lingerie were also strewn all over the house’s porch. While Psi Upsilon is a fraternity, we wonder who’s being more absurd: the fraternity brothers or the anonymous campus activists who think they can solve major social issues with pieces of poster board and lingerie.

In other news, Haiti’s ambassador to the United States, Raymond Alcide Joseph, came to Yale on Thursday to discuss how that “university” could help with the reconstruction of his country. And while we are puzzled that his first instinct wouldn’t be to come to Harvard (where all important questions are asked and answered), we’re curious why he’d ask Yale. Seriously, Raymond, what’s the deal?