Contributor

Julia A Sokol

Latest Content

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

Construction in Harvard Square has been taking place since March and is expected to continue until the fall of this year. Cardullo’s says that Cambridge is not doing enough to help maintain business for stores in the square.

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

MIT linguistics professor Noam Chomsky, an outspoken critic of U.S. policies, gives his point of view on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict in a speech organized by the Harvard Nakba Committee.

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

1Uncaptioned photo

Image

No caption

Image

No caption

Image

No caption

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

No caption

EYE OF A TIGER

EYE OF A TIGER

Biologist Alan Rabinowitz shows slides of and describes his efforts to create the largest tiger preserve in Myanmar, during a lecture at the Harvard Museum of Natural History last night.

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

No caption

Image

No caption

BIO BANTER

BIO BANTER

Edward O. Wilson, a professor in the Organismic and Evolutionary Biology department and a winner of two Pulitzer Prizes, talks to professor Marc Hauser and an audience of students, professors, and the public, yesterday.

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

No caption

A MEATLESS FEAST

A MEATLESS FEAST

Jessica M. Luna ’10 and other students cook for the Harvard Vegetarian Society’s Thanksgiving potluck yesterday evening. The invitation entreated people to come “enjoy the company of other like-minded herbivores!”

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

Cambridge Mayor Kenneth E. Reeves ’72 presides over the weekly City Council meeting in the Sullivan Chamber in City Hall. Constituents are allocated three minutes each to speak during the public comment before the start of the meeting.

Unnamed photo

Unnamed photo

A Harvard student from Myanmar, formally known as Burma, speaks at the Cambridge City Council meeting last night. The student asked to remain unidentified for fear of retaliation against her family still in Myanmar.