{shortcode-dcec6dd767c4e4593c0a7f87e4b87d60653bd297}

Dear Olympia Moving & Storage,

First and foremost, let me just start off by saying how truly grateful I am for all of your hard work these past few weeks. Your commitment to students on this campus does not go unnoticed. It’s no easy feat to deal with the Amazon Prime addictions of thousands of Harvard students, or the consequences of a late night of Edikted retail therapy after a hard FDOC (...not speaking from personal experience).

Also, I can’t lie — having my very heavy mini fridge and enormous laundry hamper delivered right to my dorm is as convenient as it gets. Especially at the beginning of the year, when I would’ve been dripping in sweat from heaving it up four flights of stairs. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice surprise when I open my door sometimes to see my packages ready for me to unwrap like presents on Christmas morning. No trekking to the mailroom, no begging people over the house email list to help me carry it up stairs, and most importantly, no social interaction!

With that being said, sometimes it feels as though your company focuses on its commitment to storage rather than moving. I wonder if my package is being held for 36 hours in a mysterious Olympia Moving & Storage jail cell. Not to fret, though, because like any other Harvard student, my best virtue is my patience. So I will wait those 36 hours. After all, good things come to those who wait.

And while I very much appreciate the convenience, the loud door bangs that alert me to my – or my suitemates’ – packages has arrived can be quite a jumpscare. The sometimes awkward interactions with the movers as I run to the door to appease the banging make for sweet Spiderman meme interactions.

Honestly, it’s me, hi, I’m the problem, it’s me; I need to stop ordering stuff. As if waiting 36 hours wasn’t already enough, I’m anticipating the end of this month, so I can finally pick up my packages right when I see the HUMS email without the extra wait. But until that happens, I’d really like to access my 12-pack of Celsisus and face wash. I can hear my future all-nighters calling for their help.

Sincerely,

Someone who just wants her package-induced serotonin boost