{shortcode-f5de13670a9dc702b8ccc18fb1e2251f804f7ea2}Dear Class of 2025,

With 260 or so days left to go until graduation (I mean who’s counting…), it’s natural to feel both excited and perhaps a bit anxious about what comes next. While it’s easy to get caught up in a whirlwind of applications, psets and future plans — take a moment to breathe and take some notes because Flyby Blog is back with some unsolicited advice. To help you navigate this year with a bit more ease, here are things you should and shouldn’t do during your senior year. So, grab a coffee, get comfy, and let’s dive into this year.

DON’T: Go to Lecture

Or section. Or lab. Or office hours. It’s senior year — why bother? Sorry y’all but this one’s #false. It might seem like a logical choice to start slacking off and put all your attention into post-grad plans, but skipping out on your (very expensive) education may lead to some unintended consequences. Stay engaged and maybe you’ll even learn something new. Also, while you still have time — take some courses that you’ve been dying to take since freshman year if you finally have space for an elective. That one film class? Take it. The WGS class you’ve had your eye on? Take it. CS50? Um…

DO: Visit All The Libraries, Eat In All The Dhalls…

From Harvard Yenching Library to the Frances Loeb Library, plan a trip to the various Harvard libraries and check out their unique archives and collections. It won’t be long before you lose access… With only 12 upperclassmen dining halls, we have no doubt you can also plan a dinner at each of the dining halls before you graduate. This year, spend less on UberEats and enjoy your free meals while you still don’t need to cook for yourself. Also, finish that boardplus.

DON’T: Compare Yourself

Easier said than done I know… While some people may look like they have it all figured out with their BCG return offers or JDP acceptance letters, remember to focus on your own goals and achievements. Senior year is a time to focus on yourself and figure out what works best for you. Embrace your path and trust that your own experiences will get you exactly where you need to be in a year’s time.

DO: Look for Meaningful Post Grad Plans

I am once again asking you all to be delusional about life and romanticize your future. While you should still remain practical (to a certain extent), find something that truly excites and motivates you! When you’re considering your post-grad plans, aim for something that aligns with your passions and long-term goals rather than just what seems most practical or convenient. And please, do not base your decisions solely on where your significant other may end up post-grad. Relationships are important, but your career and personal growth should also be a priority. So dream big, think creatively, and choose a path that feels right for you.

DON’T: Waste the Year Thinking About June 2025

Unless it’s about your amazing vacation plans, don’t let this year pass you by focused only on what comes next. Take some time to hang out with friends, attend the free study breaks, and maybe even go to an IM game.

DO: House Traditions & Harvard Traditions

Go all out for Housing Day, ring the Lowell Bells, attend Drag Night at Adams House — do everything you can while you’re still here. Pee on John Harvard’s Statue, participate in Primal Scream, swim in the Charles, or even do Reverse River Run as a senior and go to each undergraduate house the night of Housing Day (for legal reasons, Flyby Blog does #not endorse any of these actions).

DON’T: Ask People About Post-Grad Plans…

September is too early to be doing all this. So is October and maybe even April. Don’t ask people about the status of their Rhodes application or if they were endorsed for Marshalls, I can guarantee it won’t help you or them. In due time, you’ll find out once they tell you… or you’ll see it on LinkedIn.

DO: Leave Your Dorm & Be Cringe.

Do all of the things you haven’t had a chance to do yet. Kayak on the Charles river with your blocking group, coordinate grad photos at the bridge and let the tears flow during senior sunset. Scream loud and proud at Harvard-Yale and fight your way into Crimween. Senior year of college is a major milestone — do everything your heart desires and embrace the quirks of college life.

As you embark on this final year, remember to balance ambition with enjoyment, and cherish every moment of your time at Harvard.

Warmest wishes,

Flyby Blog

P.S. Don’t forget to book those hotels/Airbnb for graduation!