Staying at Harvard for the holiday? You can still get a break from campus this Thanksgiving weekend. The Boston region is full of fall fun for you.

• For a classic New England Thanksgiving, head out to Old Sturbridge Village near Worcester. Throughout the long weekend, events like "Roasting Meat on a String" and "Meet the Oxen in Training" will bring you back to the old days. It may be a long trek, but the roasted turkey, broiled Boston scrod, and candied pecans should be worth your time.

• Extend your Thanksgiving feast on a Black Friday dinner cruise around Boston Harbor on Friday.

• Hit up the Stone Zoo, accessible by MBTA bus, to see your favorite animals half-price on Friday, or come at night for ZooLights, the annual holiday lights display that opens on Thanksgiving.

• On the very day after Thanksgiving, it's time to turn your thoughts to Christmas. The Boston Ballet's rendition of "The Nutcracker" opens on Friday.

• Have your oysters and eat them too. Drop by the North End Fish Market for the weekly free shucking lesson from 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturday.

• The rock band Trans-Siberian Orchestra is stopping at the TD Garden on Sunday on its national tour.

• Watch a restored version of the classic movie "Mary Poppins" at Arlington's Regent Theatre on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, and use on-screen lyrics to sing along to the timeless tunes. Be sure to dress up as your favorite character!