Harvard Student Attacked With Glass Bottle, Punched Repeatedly at Felipe’s

{shortcode-8eb2318e5d6e025dfc262f76e5078b6ee2588f4c}

A Harvard student was hit with a glass bottle and punched in the face multiple times in an assault at Felipe’s Mexican Taqueria on Tuesday night.

The student, a member of the men’s lacrosse team, was sitting at a booth in the restaurant when an unknown individual approached him and hit him in the face with a beer bottle, according to police. The student was transported via ambulance to a local hospital.

Cambridge Police Department spokesperson Robert Goulston wrote in an email that CPD has not identified the assaulter, but was told by the student that the attack was random and unprovoked.

According to police logs, CPD responded to a report for an assault in progress at the taqueria at around 5:30 p.m., where they located an individual with a facial injury.

“The victim told officers they were struck in the face with a bottle,” Goulston wrote, adding that the perpetrator fled the area after the attack.

Feliipe’s Taqueria head of security declined to comment on the Tuesday night altercation, saying the investigation is still ongoing.

Following the attack, the individual suffered a minor concussion and deep bruising to the left side of his face.

Attacks on Harvard’s campus are rare, but not unheard of. According to the Harvard University Police Department dashboard, the department received an average of 27 calls relating to assault and battery every year. Of these 27, an average of 18 involve enforcement actions — which entails a field stop, arrest, or use of force.

The student did not respond to requests for comment on the incident at the taqueria.

—Staff writer Sally E. Edwards can be reached at sally.edwards@thecrimson.com. Follow her on X @sallyedwards04 or on Threads @sally_edwards06.

—Staff writer Asher J. Montgomery can be reached at asher.montgomery@thecrimson.com. Follow her on X @asherjmont or on Threads @asher_montgomery.