Fraudulent McKinsey E-mail

From: Alex Michaelson

Date: *************

Subject: *****, An Invitation From McKinsey

To: *************

Dear *********:

I am contacting you on behalf of the McKinsey & Company Summer Business Analyst Program in order to invite you to an exclusive event for members of the Harvard and MIT classes of 2012 and 2013. Katelyn O'Hara at MIT is extending 20 invitations to MIT students, and I to 20 students here at Harvard. I hope that you will join us for a private reception with recruiters and members of the senior management team to learn more about McKinsey and to sign up for one of 25 exclusive fast-track interview slots, available only to those who attend our event on Thursday, November 18 at 8:00 PM at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Room 4-370.

We received your contact information from members of our Harvard faculty advisory board, who have been very impressed with your academic performance and contributions to the Harvard community. We wish for you to learn more about our company and to find out how you can be a part of our team this summer. This will be an opportunity to learn more about our application, as well as to connect with McKinsey alumni and senior management officials who are active in business, politics, and academia.

Please RSVP by responding to me directly. Same for any questions you may have.

I, on behalf of the Boston-area recruitment team, am excited to meet with you next week.

Yours,

Alex J. Michaelson McKinsey & Company