Police Log

3/10/09

8:17 a.m.—Harvard University Police Department officers were dispatched to take a report of an individual sleeping in the entrance of Peabody Terrace 14. Officers arrived, located the individual, and conducted a field interview. The individual was checked for wants and warrants with negative results and placed the individual under arrest for trespassing.

3/12/09

1:51 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to take a report of an unwanted guest sleeping in the foyer of 1430 Massachusetts Ave. Officers arrived, located the individual, and checked for wants and warrants with negative results. Cambridge Police Department officials arrived and took over the handling of the incident.

9:06 p.m.—An officer took report of an assault at Thayer Gate. The officer was informed that while the victim was filling out a survey, they were pushed from behind.

8:46 p.m.—Officers assisted CPD with several individuals, who had jumped over the fence between Massachusetts Ave and Linden Street and were having a party. Officers report that CPD handled the remainder of the call.

3/14/09

12:34 a.m.—Officers observed three individuals standing on the steps of Memorial Church. An officer smelled marijuana. The officers conducted a field interview with the individuals. The individuals were sent on their way, and the officers confiscated the marijuana.

3:57 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to take a report of an unwanted guest sleeping in the lobby of the Holyoke Center. Upon arrival, officers located the individual and conducted a field interview. The individual was checked for wants and warrants with negative results and was issued a trespass warning for all Harvard University property. The individual was transported via ambulance to a medical facility.

3/15/09

12:36 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to take a report of a group of individuals, who were urinating on Memorial Church. The offers reported the incident. The officers reported that the individual was gone upon their arrival.

—Staff writer Marianna N. Tishchenko can be reached at mtishch@fas.harvard.edu