Police Log

Oct. 28

8:42 a.m.—A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer was dispatched to Peabody Terrace to investigate a suspicious letter. Harvard’s Environmental Health and Safety team (EHS) responded to the call and impounded the letter.

1:55 p.m.—A HUPD officer was sent to the Kresage Dining Hall to take a report of a burglary that just occurred. A group of suspects had fled the area toward the River, but a search of the area proved fruitless.

2:20 p.m.—HUPD officers were dispatched to Canaday Hall to investigate an unknown white substance. The substance was eventually reported to be baby powder.

3:49 p.m.—HUPD officers took a report of an assault at Emerson Hall. The victim was pushed.

Oct. 29

9:01 a.m.—HUPD officers were directed to South Hall to investigate a suspicious letter. EHS responded and impounded the letter.

11:36 a.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched to Longfellow Hall to investigate a suspicious white powder. EHS responded and declared the substance to be cleaning solution.

5 p.m.—A HUPD officer was sent to Mass. Hall in response to a report of a group gathering outside the building. The group was dispersed.

7:17 p.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched to Byerly Hall to investigate a suspicious substance. EHS responded and impounded the substance.

Oct. 30

9:50 a.m.—HUPD officers were sent to the Holyoke Center to check on a report of a suspicious magazine. EHS responded and impounded the magazine.

10:05 p.m.—An HUPD officer conducted a field interview of a suspicious person at the Semitic Museum. The subject was identified and sent on his way.

10:58 p.m.—A HUPD officer spoke with an individual at the Semitic Museum. The subject fit the description of a suspicious person from an earlier report. The individual was identified. He was servicing copy machines in the area.

7:39 p.m.—HUPD officers were dispatched to Lamont Library on a report of an individual causing a disturbance. The suspect was identified and issued a trespass warning.