Harvard Union.

The question for debate at the Union last evening was, Resolved: that a change of Ministry in England is desirable. On the ballot taken before discussion on the merits of the question, the affirmative received 4 votes, and the negative 21. Mr. J. McG. Goodale, '85 opened the debate for the affirmative, and Mr, C. P. Robinson, '85, for the neggative: the other principal disputants were Mr. S. Storrow, '87, affirmative, and Mr. S. D. Richardson '86. The vote on the strength of arguments of these disputants stood affirmative, 6, negative, 22. When the debate was thrown open to the house, the following gentlemen spoke from the floor: Messrs. Duane, '88, Hobson, '86, Jennings, '85. Hammerslough, '88, Griffin, '88, Rich, '87, Carrier, '85. The vote on the merits of the debate as a whole, stood, affirmative, 4; negative, 10.

The following question was chosen for the next debate: Resolved, That full rights of citizenship should be given to Jefferson Davis.

A committee consisting of the president, Mr. E. T. Sanford, '85, and Messrs. Halbert, '85, Merriam, '86, Rich, '87, and Garrison, '88, was appointed to amend the constitution in regard to membership to the Union. Several matters of minor importance were discussed, and at 10 o'clock the meeting adjcurned.