Get Out!

1) Sugarpalooza

1) Sugarpalooza

Dessert connoisseurs are making their annual pilgrimage to the Westin Copley this upcoming Saturday for a chance to nibble and taste the best chocolates, cakes, tarts, and pies that Boston has to offer. For a $40 VIP ticket, you get a full day’s admission to this dessert debauch, complete with a sweet treat goodie bag valued at over $200, and if you’re lucky, access to the opening night party on Friday.

9/18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., $35 general admission, 10 Huntington Ave. Boston.

2) All You Can Hot Pot

Hot pot, also known as Chinese fondue, is a popular Asian cuisine experience where friends gather around a boiling broth base in which they simmer and cook skin, thin slices of meat, and vegetables for the freshest flavor feast. Unlike the mediocre and overpriced Shabu Shabu at Harvard Square, the aptly named Hot Pot Buffet in Chinatown offers an authentic Chinese hot pot experience, complete with two different base broths and fresh seafood, all for less than $20 per person.

70 Beach St. Boston.

3) Surf ’n‘ Turf

Long before they were featured in “Good Will Hunting,” Kelly’s Roast Beef’s claim to fame was their eponymous sandwich and their beachfront property at Revere. Bring a few good friends, a blanket, order Kelly’s to-go, then cross the street to lounge on the beach and enjoy the last rays of sun before the long dark Bostonian winter sets in.

Sandwiches $5.50 to $16.95, 410 Revere Beach Blvd. Revere.

4) There’s a Festival For That

If you’re the type who religiously dines at Leverett just to make fluffernutter sandwiches, then it’s high time you headed over to neighboring Somerville on Sept. 25 for the fifth annual Fluff Festival. The festival celebrates the invention of local resident Archibald Query, who first began selling jars of his marshmallow crème in Union Square around 1917.

9/25, rain date 9/26, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Union Square Plaza, Somerville.

5) Eat, Pray, Eat More

With Yom Kippur just around the corner, those with a hankering for kugel and matzo ball soup should head over to a walking tour of Jewish Cuisine for a sampling of the kosher eats that Brookline has to offer.

Sunday mornings throughout the fall, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., $44 per person, www.brooklinetour.com.