Police Log

4/14/09

2:27 p.m.—Harvard University Police Department officers were dispatched to assist Boston Police Department officers with a motor vehicle accident. Officers were informed that a vehicle hit a pedestrian who received injuries to the hand and foot and was transported to a medical facility.

4/15/09

1:29 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to the area of Boylston Street and Park Drive in Boston to assist state police with an individual who was attempting to break into another individual’s residence. The officer reported that the individual was placed under arrest by the state police.

4/16/09

10:28 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to Rosovsky Hall to a report of an individual locked inside the building. Officers reported that the doors were padlocked from the inside. Officers informed the individual to listen to their knocking so as to find a way to exit the building. The individual was able to exit the building through the basement.

4/19/09

2:49 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to Boylston Gate to assist Cambridge Police Department officers with a report that an individual struck a shuttle bus window, causing damage. CPD informed the individual that complaints would be sought against them.

10:21 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to a report of a suspicious individual who may have caused damage in the bathroom of the Northwest Science Building. Officers reported that the individual was gone on arrival and there was no damage.

4/20/09

2:46 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to Landmark Center in Boston to assist BPD on the report of a smell of sulfur in the building. Officers reported that the BPD handled the incident.

5:01 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to Soldiers Field Park to a report that a television had been thrown out of a window. Officers arrived and saw that a computer monitor, not a television, was laying smashed by the entryway. Officers spoke with the individual who had thrown the monitor out of the window and informed them of the dangerousness of the situation. Officers reported that management was notified of the incident.

—Staff writer Emily J. Hogan can be reached at ejhogan@fas.harvard.edu.