Police Log

Feb. 27
3:55 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to the Malkin Athletic Center in response to reports of a suspicious individual in the building. Officers arrived and reported that the individual was not suspicious.

5:19 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to take a report of a stolen black IBM Thinkpad T-60 laptop valued at $2,000 and a green and crimson Lehman Brothers backpack valued at $15 that contained a genetics textbook, a silver Cingular LG cell phone, and a white coat. At 10:27 p.m. the laptop and backpack were recovered.

Feb. 28
12:07 p.m.—An officer took a report of two credit cards and $60 in cash that were stolen at the Kennedy School. At 1 p.m. the officer took another report of a stolen credit card.

11:30 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to a report of six suspicious boxes near the Maxwell Dworkin Building. Officers arrived and reported that the boxes contained flyers and were not suspicious.

March 1
11:40 a.m.—Officers were dispatched in response to a report of an individual shouting and asking strange questions in the University Health Services Dental Clinic. Officers arrived, located the individual, and conducted a field interview. The individual was checked for wants/warrants with negative results and sent on their way with a trespass warning.

12:29 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to a report of a stolen red Iron Horse mountain bike valued at $250 near Harvard Hall. No suspicious individuals were seen in the area at the time of the theft.

March 2

2:24 a.m.—Officers were dispatched in response to a report that an individual was refusing to leave another individual alone near Au Bon Pain. Officers arrived, spoke to the two individuals, and report that it was a verbal disagreement.

2:27 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to the Blodgett pool in response to a report of a stolen black leather wallet that contained a library card, a license, an identification card, checks, credit cards, and $80 cash.

4:48 p.m.—Officers were dispatched in response to a report of a theft at Au Bon Pain. The officers arrived and spoke to the reporting party, who stated that an individual had placed a muffin in their pocket without paying for it. The individual was run for wants/warrants with negative results. The individual, Terrance M. Forrest of 39 Kingston St., Boston, MA, had been previously issued a trespass warning, and was placed under arrest for trespassing.

March 3

12:01 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to a report of loud noise coming from the radio station in the basement of Pennypacker Hall East. The officers arrived and advised the occupants to shut the windows.

5:13 p.m.—An officer was dispatched in response to a report of a group of individuals causing a disturbance in Harvard Yard. The officer arrived at the scene and reported that the individuals were just tourists who were taking pictures.

March 4

3:14 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to a report of an individual knocking on a door of Straus Hall B and refusing to leave. Officers arrived and reported that the individual was gone on arrival.

6:12 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to a report of an individual giving University Health Services a hard time. Officers arrived and spoke to the individual, and report that all is in order.

10:05 p.m.—Officers were dispatched in response to a report of a group of individuals yelling near the stadium on 79 Harvard St. Officers searched the area and found six individuals who were hiding. All six individuals were issued trespass warnings and sent on their way.