POLICE LOG

April 22:

12:18 a.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers reported to 10 DeWolfe St. in response to people allegedly smoking marijuana in the parking lot. The responding officers determined that the party was, in fact, smoking cigars.

5:27 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to Johnston Gate in order to investigate a person reportedly bothering others at the shuttle stop. The officer was unable to locate the individual upon arrival.

9:54 p.m.—Officers were sent to Appley Court because of a report concerning a fire on the fire escape. HUPD responded along with the Cambridge Fire Department (CFD), who extinguished the fire that had caught on a small rug.

April 23:

12:04 a.m.—Police responded to Johnston Gate because of a report that the shuttle bus driver was being harrassed by a group of people. The officers intercepted the bus and resolved the misunderstanding between the group and the driver.

5:27 p.m.—An officer was sent to 20 Prescott St. to investigate the theft of $8,000 worth of jewelry, which had been secured in the stolen jewelry box.

April 24:

2:21 a.m.—Officers reported to Quincy House because of a report alleging that a woman with a no-trespass warning had entered the premises. Upon arrival, officers placed Kyba B. Thai, 19, under arrest for trespassing.

9:43 p.m.—A report of a “disturbance” led police to Currier House, where they questioned the parties involved and checked them for warrants and wants. The responding officers determined that no crime had been committed and cleared the scene.

April 25:

2:34 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to Fay House to investigate the theft of a crimson, black, and white flag. The stolen flag was valued at $200.

3:17 p.m.—HUPD officers assisted Cambridge Police Department (CPD) in the search for a robbery suspect in the area of Mass. Avenue and Remington Street. The search proved unsuccessful.

April 26:

8:09 a.m.—An officer reported to the Malkin Athletic Center (MAC) to investigate the damage that a parked, brown Lexus sustained allegedly by a hit and run. The officer found that the driver’s door was dented and scratched.