Police Log

Aug. 8:

11:29 a.m.: A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer was dispatched to Loeb Drama Center on a report of an unwanted guest in the area. The officer sent the individual on his way.

7:23 p.m.: An officer was dispatched to Weld Hall on a report of an individual suspiciously and repeatedly attempting to gain access to the building. The individual was gone upon the officer’s arrival.

Aug. 9:

3:06 p.m.: An officer was dispatched to the Science Center to take a report of a stolen wallet between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. A subsequent search of the area for suspicious individuals failed to locate a suspect.

3:36 p.m.: Officers were dispatched to Sever Hall on a report of an individual exposing himself in the bathroom. Upon arrival, officers arrested Malcolm S. Maker, 46, of Boston for open and gross lewdness and trespassing.

9:11 p.m.: An officer en route to an alarm discovered two individuals in the alley behind Apley Court. After a field interview, the individuals were identified, and a small amount of what is thought to be marijuana was confiscated. The officer issued a trespass warning and sent the individuals on their way.

Aug. 10:

2:50 a.m.: Officers were dispatched to Sever Hall on a report of a suspicious vehicle beyond the gate. After arriving, officers ran the license plate and inspected the vehicle but determined all was in order.

Aug. 11:

6:13 p.m.: Officers were dispatched to Harvard Stadium on a report of a group of people on the softball field. The officers arrived and determined the individuals had permission to be there.

6:41 p.m.: An officer was dispatched to the Holyoke Center on a report of a minor dispute between two individuals. The officer sent the individuals on their way.

Aug. 12:

2:44 a.m.: A patrolling officer observed a small boat near the dock of Weld Boathouse. The boat fled at a high rate of speed as the officer approached. A search of the area by several officers failed to locate the boat.

5:58 a.m.: Officers and the Cambridge Fire Department (CFD) were dispatched to Adams House on a report of a fire alarm. A bulletin board was on fire, but extinguished prior to CFD’s arrival. CFD will be investigating possible arson.