Police Log

Nov. 12:

9:31 a.m.—A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer was dispatched to the New Research Building to take a report of an unsecured stolen wall clock and a package of cookies with a total value of $8.

Nov. 13:

9:35 a.m.—An officer was sent to Baker Library to take a report of two stolen computer processors and two sets of computer speakers with a total value of $2,400.

3:25 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to a report of two people possibly attempting to sell narcotics to passersby. Officers checked the area but the people were gone on arrival.

Nov. 14:

9:16 p.m.—An officer assisted Boston Police Department officers with a search for a suspect who allegedly held a handgun to a person’s head in the area near Western Avenue at North Harvard Street. A search of the area turned up negative.

Nov. 15:

9:10 p.m.–An officer was sent to assist Cambridge Police Department (CPD) officers with an armed robbery that had just occurred of a Harvard affiliate. Both departments checked the area for suspects with negative results.

Nov. 16:

6:06 p.m.—Officers were sent to Everett Street and Mass. Ave. to assist CPD officers with a search for an indecent assault suspect in the srea. The search turned up negative.

Nov. 17:

8:35 p.m.—Officers found three people possibly smoking marijuana at 0 Garden St. CPD officers were notified and responded. Officers checked the people for wants and warrants with positive results. Officers confiscated a leafy green substance believed to be marijuana and sent the individuals on their way.

9:52 p.m.—Officers observed three people acting suspiciously in John F. Kennedy Park. Officers confiscated a glass pipe and a small white rock believed to be cocaine. A wants and warrants check turned up negative. Officers issued the individuals a trespass warning for all University property.

Nov. 18:

2:29 a.m.—Officers were sent to Leverett House to take a report of a suspicious person walking around the building wearing a ski mask. The person was gone on arrival.

Nov. 19:

1:28 a.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Widener Library to take a report of vandalism in progress. Officers located the individuals who had written in chalk on the side of the library and sent them on their way.

1:09 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to take a report of a group protesting in Harvard Yard. The officers that responded determined the group had permission to hold a silent protest.