Police Log

Nov. 5:

7:09 p.m.—A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer was sent to the New Research Building to take a report of stolen glass lab containers valued at $560.

11:43 p.m.—At Au Bon Pain, an officer witnessed a person carrying food under their jacket without paying. Officers stopped the person, spoke to them and issued a trespass warning for all University property. The person returned the food items. Au Bon Pain management did not want to press charges.

Nov. 6:

1:50 a.m.—An officer was dispatched to Quincy House on a report of a person who had broken glass on a door. The officer determined the person was a Harvard affiliate and confirmed the person did break the glass. The person will pay for damages.

1:01 p.m.—An HUPD officer investigated a report of a person who had taken parking passes from a booth by the football stadium. The officer checked the person for warrants and issued a trespass warning for all University property. The person returned the tickets to the booth. Larceny charges may be filed.

Nov. 7:

10:28 p.m.—HUPD officers assisted Cambridge Fire Department officials with getting a person out of a stuck elevator in the Science Center.

Nov. 8:

6:50 a.m.—An officer was sent to Lavietes Pavilion to take a report of a forced entry. Four laptop computers, a video camera, two athletic bags, one Palm Pilot and a set of computer speakers were reported stolen. The items have a total value of $22,710.

12:35 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to Winthrop House to investigate a report of a natural gas leak in the ground. The officer stood by the are until the gas company arrived to rectify the situation.

Nov. 9:

5:34 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to Hemenway Gymnasium at Harvard Law School to take a report of two credit cards that had been stolen on Nov. 4 between 7 and 8 p.m. The officer reported that the credit cards were used fraudulently for a total of $1,400.

Nov. 10:

10:25 a.m.—An officer was dispatched to investigate a report of a gas smell at the day care center at 10 DeWolfe St. The officer removed several gas cans from the room.

4:08 p.m.—Officers were sent to Dunster House to investigate a report of an argument between two people. Officers located the individuals and determined they were just fooling around.

5:40 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to 1 Western Ave. on a report of a smell of burning plastic in the building. The officer located the source, which was a plastic mug put into a microwave oven. The mug was removed.

Nov. 11:

7:00 a.m.—An officer was sent to Gilbert Hall in Currier House to take a report of a vandalized vending machine. The vandalism occurred between 8 p.m. on Nov. 10 and 6:30 a.m. on Nov. 11.