POLICE LOG

Oct. 15:

11:02 a.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were sent to Kresge Dining Hall in the Business School to take a report of vandalism to a locker that had occurred earlier that day.

2:52 p.m.—An officer was sent to Langdell Hall to take a report of a strange phone caller attempting to lure a person away from their office.

Oct. 16:

12:22 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to Mather House to assist the security guard with controlling a party that was moving out into the hallway and blocking the stairwells. Officers located the occupants of room 407 and had them lower the music and clear out the hallways.

11:52 p.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Lowell House to investigate a report of people throwing water balloons out of a window in A entryway. Officers located the people and had them stop throwing the balloons.

Oct. 17:

1:01 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to the Science Center to take a report of a stolen unsecured silver Samsung camera/cell phone valued at $100.

Oct. 18:

1:49 a.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Leverett House F tower on a report of someone screaming. A check of the area turned up negative.

Oct. 19:

4:36 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to the New Research Building to take a report of a stolen Apple silver “G” laptop computer valued at $2,500. A podium valued at $700 was also damaged in the theft.

Oct. 20:

7:18 p.m.—Officers received a report from the Cambridge Police Department that a person was possibly attempting to steal a bicycle by the Kennedy School of Government. Officers determined the person was a Harvard affiliate who had lost the key to their lock.

Oct. 21:

1:23 a.m.—HUPD officers were dispatched to Vanderbilt Hall on the Harvard Medical School campus to check on a report of people climbing the walls. A search of the area turned up negative.

1:46 a.m.—Officers were sent to investigate a noise complaint at the Harvard Lampoon, a semi-secret Sorrento Square social organization that used to occasionally publish a so-called humor magazine. Officers spoke to the occupants and told them to hold the noise down and return a stereo that was outside to indoors.