POLICE LOG

Oct. 8:

12:12a.m.—Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officers were sent to Quincy House on a report of a noise complaint. Officers instructed the occupants of room 610 to turn off the music and close the windows.

2:30 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to Matthews Hall to take a report of a stolen bicycle. The items stolen were a cable lock and a women’s blue and gold Talon bicycle (worth $90) that had been secured on a rack.

Oct. 9:

1:32 a.m.—Officers were sent to Dunster House to investigate a loud noise complaint. Officers shut down a party in room F-51.

3:49 p.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Lamont Library to investigate a report of a group throwing rocks in the area. Officers stopped the individuals, obtained their identities and issued trespass warnings to all of them.

Oct. 10:

1:45 a.m.—Officers were dispatched to Sanders Theatre on a report of a group entering the building. Officers arrested David Bean, 19, Matthew Sands, 21, Jonathan Gladback, 20, and Anand Puri, 23, on charges of breaking and entering nighttime for felony. All four listed their address as 100 Cornell Ave., Ithaca, N.Y.

7:36 p.m.—Officers were sent to Grays Hall to investigate a report of a possible theft in progress. Security guards had some across three juveniles tampering with a bicycle. The group fled, and a check of the area turned up negative. Officers found a bicycle at the scene with a cable lock almost cut through. The owner was notified to retrieve it.

Oct. 11:

2:03 p.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to the Science Center to take a report of a stolen silver Sony digital camera valued at $350 that was taken from a locked office.

11:31 p.m.—An officer was dispatched to Comstock Hall in Pforzheimer House to take a report of a harassing phone call. The reporting individual knew the harassing caller and police turned all information over to a University administrator.

Oct. 12:

10:43 a.m.—An officer was sent to take a report of graffiti on the sidewalk in front of the Cronkhite Center on Ash Street. While investigating that report, the officer reported that a wall outside the Schlesinger Library had been spray painted, as well as the wall outside of Byerly Hall.

Oct. 13:

9:16 a.m.—An HUPD officer was sent to Jefferson Lab on Oxford Street to take a report of harassing hang up calls that had been going on for four months.

Oct. 14:

8:47 p.m.—Officers were dispatched to Johnston Gate to meet a parent who reportedly was missing a child. Officers said the child had been located.

—Staff writer Hana R. Alberts may be reached at alberts@fas.harvard.edu.