M. Hockey Rolls Over Yale

A once-familiar face will be returning to Lake Placid this weekend. And it's coming in on a roll.

The Harvard men's hockey team completed an impressive two-game sweep over a tough Yale squad at Bright Hockey Center Friday and Saturday, advancing to the semifinals of the ECAC championship tournament held in Lake Placid, NY for the first time in three years.

The Crimson has won five of its last seven and enter the ECAC tournament coming off its best period of hockey and perhaps its best game all season.

"Teams that win championships peak right at the end of the season," freshman winger Tyler Kolarik said. "That third period [Saturday night] was the peak of the season for us."

Harvard will play Cornell Friday at 4 p.m. If Harvard wins that game and the conference championship game the following evening, it will secure a bid in the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1994.

The series was the first time that Harvard and Yale met in the opening round of the ECAC playoffs. The Crimson is now 20-1-3 all-time against its ancient rival at the Bright Hockey Center, which opened in 1979-80.

Harvard 7, Yale 4

As a desperate Yale team fought tenaciously to keep their season alive, Harvard finally exhibited a quality that had been missing during the season--resilience.