Police Log

October 14

1:14 a.m.—A Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) officer was dispatched to Grays Hall to investigate a report of a group smoking marijuana behind the building. The officer could not locate the group.

4:38 a.m.—HUPD officers were sent to Pforzheimer House on a report of drinking and fighting in the House’s common room. The call appeared to be a prank.

4:55 a.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched to Eliot House to check on a loud party. The call was unfounded and appeared to be another prank.

October 15

2:01 a.m.—A HUPD officer conducted a field interview with two suspicious individuals carrying a table. The table was impounded.

2:15 p.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched to Griswold Hall to investigate a suspicious envelope. Harvard’s Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team was notified, and the envelope was confiscated.

2:44 p.m.—HUPD officers were sent to the QRAC to examine a suspicious powder found in the locker room. EHS was called, a sample of the powder was taken and the area was cleaned.

12:36 p.m.—A HUPD officer responded to a report of a suspicious envelope in Perkins Hall. EHS was notified.

October 16

12:30 p.m.—A HUPD officer was dispatched to investigate a suspicious letter at the Biological Labs. The letter was impounded.

1:00 p.m.—EHS officials impounded an envelope at the Jefferson Lab.

3:54 p.m.—A HUPD officer observed an individual in John F. Kennedy Park smoking what appeared to be marijuana. After a field interview, the officer arrested Hans V. Allen, 27, of Portland, Oregon for marijuana possession.

4:46 p.m.—HUPD officers impounded a suspicious letter found in Vanderbilt Hall.

5:55 p.m.—HUPD officers were dispatched to Andover Hall to investigate a suspicious box. EHS and the Cambridge Fire Department (CFD) responded. The box contained a book.