Police Log

July 28

A Cambridge resident reported to the Cambridge Police Department (CPD) that an unknown person broke into his home through the rear door. Pry marks were visible on the front door.

A resident of Prospect Street reported to CPD that while on the corner of Cambridge and Springfield, two black males approached him and punched him in the face. They then removed $10 from his pocket and took his bike.

A resident of North Billerica reported to CPD that she and her friend were involved in an argument over five dollars at her friend's residence on Harvard Street. The suspect attacked the reporting person, pulling out her hair, biting her index finger and punching her on the right cheek. The victim said that another unknown individual showed up at her house to sell crack.

July 29

A resident of the Philippines reported to CPD that while in the Hyatt Regency lobby, a Middle Eastern man spilled coffee on him. The suspect and another Middle Eastern man then assisted the victim in drying him off. When the victim went back to the counter to retrieve his wallet, it was gone. The wallet contained $3,100 in traveler's checks, airline tickets and calling cards.

A caller reported to the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) that two individuals were involved in a fight. Officers arrived and found two chess players having a verbal argument. Peace was restored.