W. Lax Ends Year With Loss

The Big Red was larger than life yesterday as No. 14 Cornell easily downed the Harvard women's lacrosse team, 18-8, in the Crimson's final game of the season.

Harvard (6-7, 3-4 Ivy) had an uncharacteristically slow start to the game, falling behind 5-1 to Cornell (10-4, 4-2 Ivy) midway through the first half.

The Big Red capitalized on free possessions, scoring six times on penalty shots.

Cornell gave an early glimpse of the offensive duo that would haunt the Crimson for the next 60 minutes, when freshman Sarah Averson scored off an assist from sophomore Lori Wohlschlgel just 2:20 into the game.

Wohlschlgel scored five goals and had four assists while Averson netted five with a pair of helpers as the young tandem combined to single-handedly outscore the entire Crimson squad.

Junior co-captain Alli Harper was once again a bright light for the Crimson, scoring a pair with two assists.

Over the last week, Harper has ten goals in three games as the Crimson defeated Columbia and Notre Dame in South Bend prior to yesterday's defeat.

Junior Courtney Leimkuhler, freshman Jamie Hagerman and sophomores Lizzy Frisbie and Hilary Walton each tallied goals, while freshman Katie Shaughnessy netted a pair.