M. Volleyball Readies for Ivy, EIVA Playoffs

With the NCAA tournament fresh in everyone's minds and with Stanley Cup and NBA playoffs right around the corner, postseason fever is certainly becoming a more prevalent ailment.

Prepare to be infected with a new strain of playoff fever: Crimson volleyball.

The Harvard men's volleyball team will be heading to the Ivy League Championship on April 15th to face perennial foe Princeton and has secured a berth in the EIVA playoffs with impressive wins over league opponents Columbia Union and Eastern Mennonite University.

These laurels capped an outstanding regular season for Harvard, which went 12-6 overall and racked up a dominating 8-2 record in divisional action, its best finish since 1993.

"As I have said before, this season has been the best of my four here at Harvard," said co-captain Ed Pankau. "The team is physically talented and our collective will to win will move us through the playoffs."

The first postseason action will be in two weeks when the Crimson travels to Princeton to face the defending Ivy League champion Tigers.

During the tournament, the eight Ivy League teams are divided into two pools with Harvard in one and Princeton in the other. Harvard and Princeton are the only two Ivies with Division I teams and have historically made quick work of the other teams before facing each other in the finals.

In two of the last three years, Harvard has taken a quick one-game lead in the three-game championship match only to fall to Princeton in the final two games.