Sailing Takes First at Dinghy Cup

As students trudged home from Logan this weekend, the Harvard co-ed sailing team was busy wrapping up a first place finish in the Boston Dinghy Cup, held Saturday and Sunday at MIT.

Taking the cup in a field of fifteen competitive teams, the Crimson excelled in all four divisions, capitalizing on their "home field advantage" in favorable winds.

"It was great to win the Boston Dinghy Cup," senior Christian Taubman said. "There are still several regattas left in the season, but this weekend we showed that for now we are the top team in New England."

Led by seasoned seniors Taubman and Sarah Levin in the A division, Harvard finished in the top four of all divisions.

The sophomore trio of Margaret Gill, Susan Bonney, and Matt Ocweija took the C division.

The traditionally successful pairing of sophomore captain Sean Doyle and freshman Margaret Yu was also assisted by Bonney as they finished second in B division, ahead of fourteen other teams.

Senior skipper Jason Carroll and sophomore Natalie McLean took home a respectable fourth place overall in the D division.

It was busy break for Harvard sailing, as the teams competed in several regattas and managed to fit in some solid training days. The women's team was in action this past weekend as they competed for the Joseph R. Duplin Trophy at Tufts University and finished ninth in a field of thirteen.