M. Lax Explodes for 19-2 Win Over B.C.

Primm tallies six goals in first career game

The Harvard men's lacrosse team took a while to warm-up in the windy mix of rain and hail that saturated Jordan Field Saturday, but by the fourth frame the Crimson was coasting to a 19-2 romp over a besieged Boston College team.

It was clearly a nifty move in scheduling that the Crimson faced a weak Eagles team in the season opener.

After last season's 13-5 loss to Fairfield in the opener and the dismal season that followed, there was little doubt that the Crimson was trying to start things off differently, as the starters played well into the fourth period and the lead climbed well into double digits.

The Crimson (1-0) constructed the blowout with playbook execution in its first game of the season and its first on the new synthetic carpet that will split the home turf role with Ohiri Field.

Freshman Doug Logigian found Roger Buttles in front of the net for the eventual game-winner with two minutes left in the first period, but the Crimson started slowly, notching its first goal after nearly eight minutes of play against the overmatched Eagles.

As the game went on, however, the Crimson found its footing on the wet turf and began to dominate around the goalmouth.

Senior Geoff Watson's goal to begin the fourth period signaled the slaughter that was the final stanza.

Junior Adam McGowan, who controlled the center stripe all afternoon, ripped the ball out of the faceoff and scooped up a groundball in one movement, running down on the B.C. defense to take the point on a four-on-three fast break.