M. Hockey Outmans B.U., 4-3

BOSTON--The Harvard men's hockey team entered last night's game converting on 6.7% of its power play chances. Boston University stood at 25.5%. Therefore, the Crimson decided the best way to beat the Terriers was with the man advantage.

It worked.

Harvard (4-1-1, 3-1-1 ECAC) defeated B.U., 4-3, in front of a crowd of 2,093 at Walter Brown Arena. Each goal was scored with the man advantage.

"We were opportunistic tonight," Harvard Coach Mark Mazzoleni said. "A bounce here or a bounce there and this could have gone the other way. Our power play came up big for us."

Freshman forward Tyler Kolarik netted the game-winning goal for the Crimson at 8:00 of the third period. With Harvard ahead, 3-2, freshman defenseman Blair Barlow quickly shuffled the puck over to junior defenseman Graham Morrell at the right point. Morrell rushed a shot on goal that Kolarik tipped past B.U. netminder Jason Tapp.

The goal appeared to put Harvard in firm control of the game, but the Terriers (2-6-1, 1-4-1 Hockey East) continued their onslaught that extended back into the second period. The Crimson managed to hold on to victory despite getting outshot by the Terriers, 29-18, many of which were high quality chances that B.U. simply couldn't convert.

With 7:25 left in the third period, senior center Scott Perry darted in on a breakaway and faked senior goalie Oli Jonas to the ground, leaving an open goal. But as Perry cut across the goal mouth, his momentum also pushed the shot wide.

Two minutes later, the Terriers thought it had a goal, but the referee waived it off due to a hand pass in the crease.