POLICE LOG

July 31

At 2:15 a.m. The Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) responded to a report of a dumpster fire in an alleyway. Upon arrival a working fire was discovered. The Cambridge Police Department (CPD) and Cambridge Fire Department were notified and responded. The fire department extinguished the fire.

At 7:21 p.m. a resident reported to HUPD that three suspicious males were behind the Loeb Drama Center. Officers were dispatched, upon arrival the officers called off the three suspects. They were arrested for possession with intent to distribute.

August 1

A ten year-old was reported to CPD as missing by his foster mother. He is a black male of Haitian descent with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen at 10:30 a.m. on July 31 at his home.

At 5:20 p.m. a Brookline St. resident reported to CPD that while driving on Portland and Broadway his windshield was smashed by a frozen water balloon thrown from a roof by several juveniles. No injuries were reported and all juveniles were identified.

At 7:09 p.m. an officer was dispatched to check a report of a "ON STRIKE" poster hanging on the John Harvard statue. The officer removed the sign.

August 2

At 6:05 p.m. a Jamaica Plain resident reported that while at the Cambridge Port School she was threatened by a female who stated to her, "If I run into you again, I'm gonna hurt you, yes that's a threat." The lady who received the threat runs a camp. The suspect's son was suspended from the camp program.

At 4:47 p.m. CPD received a call that a party with an expired ID was giving a guard at the Countway Library a difficult time. An officer was dispatched and resolved the problem. The party was sent away.

August 3

At 11:50 a.m. an employee of US Power Solutions reported that between July 28 and August 2 a black male, described as tall and missing a lot of teeth, entered the building and removed a red backpack and a Dell Latitude laptop computer valued at $2972. It was discovered that a lock on a file cabinet drawer was jimmied, but nothing to be appeared missing.

August 4

At 9 p.m. a Harvard St. resident reported to CPD her fifteen year-old daughter missing since 8:45 p.m. She returned home at around 10:30 p.m.

August 5

A worker at Lotus Development, 1 Rogers St., stated that between 7 and 8 a.m. unknown persons removed three laptops and one desktop computer from various offices, valued at $14,000.