POLICE LOG

June 16

At 5:10 p.m. a Watertown resident reported to the Cambridge Police Department (CPD) that while driving on Mt. Auburn Street he was cut off by the operator of a Cambridge Yellow Cab. Both drivers continued to cut each other off as they drove down the street.

When they reached the intersection of Brattle Street and Mt. Auburn Street, the two drivers exited their vehicles and had a confrontation, which ended with the Watertown resident being punched in the face. He received 14 stitches in the lip and mouth area as a result of said injury.

June17

At 5:52 p.m. the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) received report of a white male who tried to steal a bicycle from outside of Claverly Hall on Plympton Street. HUPD suspected two people in the crime, one of whom was seen running down Plympton Street. The male juvenile who was found was brought back to HUPD and was picked up by his parents.

June 19

A Cambridge resident reported to CPD that after an employee was fired from his company, he was refused when he tried to be re-hired. The employee then became agitated and threatened the Cambridge resident. He stated that he was the last guy to [mess]with, and that the employer could run but could not hide, and that he would be back.

June 21

A resident of Allston Street reported to CPD that some chickens had escaped from a neighboring yard into his yard. The caller had the chickens removed from his yard. The chickens' owner later threatened the complainant over the chicken's unknown whereabouts.

At 11 p.m. a Pine Street resident reported to CPD that she was hit over the head with a bottle by a male known to her while they were in a fight over $5. The suspect, who appeared intoxicated at the time, would not cooperate in the investigation and was evasive when police questioned him.

Also on June 21, HUPD and CPD were dispatched to the area of Mather House on a report of a missing eight-year-old boy. The boy was found by a Mather House guard and was reunited with his mother.

At 7:08 p.m. CPD officers responded to a call from Pearl Street of an altercation between a female and a male. The female stated that her boyfriend had poured beer on her after an argument. She was asked not to return, and gathered her belongings and returned her keys to her boyfriend.

June 23

At 8:35 p.m. a Putnam Avenue resident reported to CPD a call from her brother who said that her boyfriend had called him and told him to tell her "I'm on the way over to the house to shoot it up." A second call was made in which her boyfriend stated "I'm in Somerville, I have my gun and a bulletproof vest." He had been issued a restraining order one day earlier.

At 4:26 a. m. a caller reported to HUPD a loud noise coming from the area of the Chemistry Labs. an officer was dispatched to investigate, and upon arrival stated that the noise was coming from a truck that was filling up its nitrogen tank. The truck driver was reprimanded.