POLICE LOG

At 7:24 p.m. HUPD arrested a Marblehead resident outside of Memorial Church. The man was accused of lewd, wanton and lascivious conduct.

An Allston resident reported to CPD that at 2 a.m. at 2 Jefferson Park, he was approached by two black males, both about 18 years of age, who placed a firearm to his head. The suspects then took the victim's wallet, gold chain and wristwatch. The wallet contained $60 in cash and a driver's license.

At 3:45 a.m. an employee of Tommy's Pizza notified the CPD that two white males known to him made several threatening phone calls and then threw a lit pizza box into the doorway of the eatery. The suspects had been ejected from the premises earlier that evening.

May 11

A Boston resident reported to CPD that at 1:15 a.m. at Pizzeria Uno in Harvard Square, he was approached by a group of males who asked if he wanted a ride and if he wanted to "get stoned." They dropped him off at a sandpit on Sherman Street and assaulted him. He was kicked in the face, but refused medical treatment for a bloody nose.

At 8:29 a.m. HUPD assisted a citizen who reported finding a puppy in Harvard Yard. The caller posted information that he had found a four-month-old female puppy. The puppy is a mixed husky and was found wearing a collar and leash but no tags. Calls regarding the puppy should be directed to Kevin Benecke, a proctor in Mower Hall, at 493-3691.

May 12

At 1:05 a.m. a Haverill resident notified the CPD that he had been approached on Mass. Ave. near Brookline Street by a black male who was about six feet tall and had dread locks. The man pressed a hard object against the victim's stomach and demanded his gold chain. When the victim refused, the suspect struck him several times in the head with a pistol. The suspect then removed the victim's gold necklace and fled. He was later arrested.

May 14

HUPD received a call at 9:29 p.m. from Adams House reporting that a homeless person was in the Adams House lobby eating and being a general nuisance. An HUPD unit was dispatched and the person was removed.

May 15

A Belmont resident reported to CPD that at 8:45 p.m. he had been drinking and lying on the grass with three friends in Danehy Park. Two of his friends were intoxicated when two juvenile males approached them and sprayed all four with mace. The juveniles also asked, "where is the money?" They took a watch worth $250. Two of the victims were transported to CCH.

CPD received a report that a Cambridge resident had been shot at four times and struck once in the chest by a 5 foot, 10 inch black male at 2440 Mass. Ave. Witnesses stated that there had been an argument between the victim and the suspect, at which point the suspect removed a firearm from his coat and fired four shots. The victim was taken to Beth Israel Hospital by ambulance, and later said he would "take care of business" with the suspect himself and would not give CPD a further description or any information.