Police Log

May 2

At 12:56 a.m. the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) received report of a fight in the parking lot outside of North Hall near Lesley College. Officers who responded determined that it was a man and a woman who were intoxicated. They were sent away from the area.

May 4

At 2:45 p.m. the Cambridge Police Department (CPD) responded to a call from the Cambridge Trust Company at 1336 Mass. Ave. The manager observed an employee of the bank attempting to steal two dye packs and 12 rolls of toilet paper. The dye packs exploded before the employee could leave the bank, and the toilet paper was recovered. The employee was advised of trespassing.

At 6 p.m. Arthur Alexander of 45 Linnean St. in Cambridge was arrested at his residence after five crack pipes containing cocaine residue were discovered during a consensual search of his home. A handgun was also found and confiscated.

Also on May 4, HUPD received a report from a student who said he had had a confrontation with a female motorist who almost struck him. The student had been crossing the street near Vanderbilt Hall on the Harvard Medical School campus. He said the woman exited her car and verbally assaulted him at which point he noted her license plate number and notified the Boston Police Department.

May 5

At 3:05 p.m. HUPD received a call about a bomb threat at the Harvard Dental School on the Longwood Medical School Campus. The Boston Fire and Bomb Squad responded and a check of the area found no bomb.

At 11:17 a.m. HUPD received report of a fire in Baker Hall on the Harvard Business School campus. After HUPD officers and fire rescue units had been dispatched to the scene, it was discovered that there was no fire and the alarm was caused by burnt popcorn.

At 7 p.m. CPD received a call from a Cambridge resident who said her motor vehicle had been struck from behind while sitting at a traffic light on Mass. Ave. The victim was stuck in traffic when she was rear-ended by a Honda Accord. The operator then exited the vehicle and struck the car that she had just hit on the window with her fist while yelling at the victim to get out of the car so she could break her face. The victim then fled the scene. She said she thought the suspect had followed her home from work in Waltham.