M. Tennis Finishes Perfect Ivy Campaign

Having clinched its fifth-straight Ivy League title with a 6-1 win over Yale last weekend, the men's tennis team traveled to New Hampshire yesterday looking to keep its league record perfect against its final regular-season opponent, Dartmouth.

With a No. 17 ranking, a perfect record in the month of April and the league trophy already behind glass, the men's tennis team swaggered into the scenic college town and took advantage of its pressure-free status in a 7-0 domination.

In a clash of subdued tones, the Crimson (20-4, 7-0 Ivy) won two of the three doubles matches and swept the singles matches on its way to blanking the Big Green (10-7, 3-4).

Junior Joe Green and sophomore Scott Clark, playing at the No. 3 doubles position, struck first, defeating their verdant counterparts, 8-2.

At No. 2, co-captain Mike Passarella and junior John Doran teamed up again after last weekend's successful outings against Brown and Yale but fell short in the Crimson's only loss of the day, 8-4.

Harvard's season-long No. 1 duo of co-captain Kunj Majmudar and James Blake clinched the doubles point with an 8-6 win.

The match was Majmudar's first after missing both matches during this past league-clinching weekend due to illness, and the duo showed that it had lost little of what makes it the No. 2 doubles team in the country after a short time apart.

At singles, Blake made a strong defense of his No. 1 national ranking, a place he has held since December of last year. The sophomore cruised, 6-0, 6-0.

Almost as perfect at No. 2, junior John Doran regained his winning touch with a quick 6-1, 6-1 victory. Doran had won 13 straight matches in dual-meet play before losing last weekend against Yale.