POLICE LOG

The following is a selection from the incident logs of the Harvard University Police Department (HUPD) and the Cambridge Police Department (CPD).

April 11

A Cambridge resident reported to the CPD that her boyfriend assaulted her at 1 a.m. The boyfriend was talking on the phone to his ex-girlfriend when his current girlfriend, the complainant, asked him to stop. The man then allegedly became violent, throwing his current girlfriend into some furniture and biting her on the waist. The victim refused medical treatment.

April 10

At 2:42 p.m., a Harvard Law School student reported that his wallet and backpack were stolen while he was shopping at the Star Market in Porter Square.

A runner sustained a head injury during the hammer throw competition at a Soldier's Field track meet between Dartmouth, Harvard and Brown, The unidentified man was transported by Professional Ambulance to Mass. General Hospital. He was treated and released.

A Cambridge boy reported that a dog attacked him. He and three friends were playing basketball at Columbia Park when the suspect, who is also a juvenile, ordered his pit-bull to attack. No one was injured.

April 9

A Faculty member in Boylston Hall notified the HUPD that a man claiming to be a UPS driver phoned her and asked her to the building's basement and retrieve a package. The Faculty member did not find anyone when she searched the basement. A colleague reported a similar call from a UPS driver at the same time.

Also on April 9, an employee of Tweeter at 104 Mt. Auburn St. in the Square reported that a camcorder worth $2,200 had been stolen at about 1:45 p.m.

At 6:25 p.m., an HUPD guard reported that he saw four people loitering near the Kennedy School of Government who he suspected of smoking crack. Officers responded and questioned two males and two female suspects, A small quantity of a class-d controlled substance, which officers reported was likely marijuana, was destroyed at the scene. The suspects were given a verbal trespass warning.

April 8

HUPD officers were called to investigate people "demonstrating against an ongoing world crisis" at the gates to the Yard. Officers reported that the protest was "peaceful and non-disruptive."

Also on April 8, a resident of Jamaica Plain working in a store at 254 Mass. Ave. reported that two co-workers threatened to "eliminate him."

April 7

A Cambridge gas station reported that the driver of a red car paid for gas and drove off from the gas station with the hose and nozzle still attached to the car. Damage to the gas station was estimated to be around $1,000.

April 6

An employee of Tweeter at 104 Mt. Auburn St., Garcia Esmeraldo, was arrested for allegedly stealing a Sony camcorder from the store.