M. Hockey, Surging No. 14 B.C. To Tangle Tonight

The Harvard men's hockey team has upset Boston College in each of the past two seasons. The trifecta, however, won't be quite so stunning.

The first-place Crimson (5-4-0, 5-3-0 ECAC) travels to the Conte Forum tonight to battle cross-town rival B.C. (7-5-0, 5-4-0 Hockey East). The Eagles had been mired in a four game losing streak before rebounding and defeating Northeastern and Merrimack.

Harvard, on the other hand, is coming off a 5-1 win over Union, which snapped a three-game losing streak of its own. The victory was good enough to leave the Crimson tied for first with Yale and No. 11 Colgate.

"We weren't panicking. We knew we were playing well after RPI," junior center Steve Moore said. "The Union win was a real confidence booster for the team."

The Crimson will try to lift its spirits even further against B.C. It is off to its best start in the past couple of years. Last season at this time, Harvard had yet to notch a conference victory.

Though the Eagles are ranked No. 14 in the USA Today poll, Harvard has received top-15 votes as well.

Boston College has the edge in firepower in this match-up. It boasts some of the best scorers in the nation. Senior forward Jeff Farkas (10 goals, 11 assists) ranks twelfth in the country. He is flanked by senior forward Blake Bellefeuille (5, 9) junior forward Brian Gionta (5, 8) and captain Mike Mottau (2, 13).

All of those snipers have more total points then Harvard's top scorer, freshman winger Brett Nowak (4, 6).