W. Soccer Looks to Remain Unbeaten in Ivy

Cracking the top twenty-five in nationwide ranking, the Harvard women's soccer team has proven time and time again that a rebuilding season does not necessarily mean a losing season.

In fact, it's been anything but.

In a debut that has all but astonished veteran fans, the Crimson has extended its win streak to five games, suffering its only loss of the season to New Hampshire, a non-Ivy League team.

The Crimson (6-1-1, 3-0 Ivy), ranked first in the Ivy League look to extend its conference unbeaten streak to four games tomorrow against Cornell (3-3-1, 1-2 Ivy).

The Big Red does not boast an impressive record yet this season, but has played strongly in recent games. Cornell will have home field advantage at Berman Field, coming off of a three-game win-streak, defeating St. Bonaventure on Wednesday, and regional rival Colgate and Ivy opponent Columbia last week.

Cornell, like Harvard, has been led by the play of its freshmen. Midfielder Sarah Olsen has led the Big Red attack, notching two game-winning goals during its win streak.

None of Cornell's recent success concerns the Crimson. The Big Red has not defeated Harvard since 1993--a 1-0 overtime upset. The Crimson boasts an all-time record of 9-3-5 against Cornell, including a 1-0 win over the Big Red at Ohiri Field last fall.

"We are going in to the Cornell game confident that we are the better team, but we are not taking this game lightly," said freshman goaltender Cheryl Gunther. "Cornell is always scrappy and plays with a lot of heart so we have to go into the game with the same intensity."