ATHLETE OF THE WEEK

Twin Tower!

Cornell dogged the men's lacrosse team this Saturday, leading most of the way before a goal tied the game at seven all. The Harvard team was sputtering and facing the prospect of another crucial loss.

Enter senior Jim Bevilacqua. The Crimson attackman gathered a pass and fired an open shot past Cornell keeper Rich Yost to take the lead.

Cornell scored again to knot the score. No problem.

Bevilacqua took the feed from classmate Owen Leary, turned and darted past two defensemen to bury the eventual game winner by the goalie's right hip.

His late-game heroics capped off a stellar week in which he scored six points against Vermont and had a fourth quarter rally-killer against Brown.

Big time performances are nothing new for the Manhasset, New York native. Since arriving in Cambridge with his twin brother Lou, Bevilacqua has been an outstandingly consistent performer. A three-year starter, he was the leading scorer on last year's team with 23 goals and 19 assists and is ranked among the top 20 lacrosse players nationally in goals per game this year.

Jimmy, as he is known, has made a career out of going past slower defenders and is one of the best-conditioned athletes on the team, which is precisely why he is so dangerous late in the game.

His trademark--the triple deke--is unholstered when he gets in alone on a goalkeeper. Faking high and lo thrice, in rapid succession, he leaves the goaltender on his knees and the ball in the net.

Bevilacqua will bring his hustle and intensity into this weekend's game against No. 2 Princeton. Tigers Beware!