Police Log

The following events were listed in the Cambridge Police Department blotter in the past week.

Feb. 25

A Putnam Garden resident was arrested at 12:05 a.m. for assault and battery with a knife.

A Cambridge resident reported that he was confronted by a suspect known to him while he was standing at the intersection of JFK and Mt. Auburn Streets. The suspect allegedly kicked the victim in the legs and the rear and punched him in the nose.

At 7:32 p.m., a Franklin Street resident reported that someone removed a laptop computer from his car which was parked at the intersection of JFK and Brattle Streets.

An Elm Street juvenile reported that her stepfather threatened to kill her because of an argument she had with her mother.

Feb. 26

At 8:35 p.m., a Woodrow Wilson Court resident reported that she was confronted by a female juvenile outside 459 Broadway. The reporting person said she had earlier filed an assault and battery charge against the suspect. The suspect then threatened to "get her girls." Later, another female told the victim to "watch her back" and then hit her in the head.

At 5:40 p.m., a Cambridge resident reported that an unknown person removed an oval-shaped white marble table top from his rear yard.

Feb. 27

A Cambridge resident reported that between 9 p.m. Feb. 26 and 7 a.m. Feb. 27 someone dognapped a 10-week-old mixed-breed dog named Lucky.

A Cambridge resident reported that between 8:30 p.m. and 8:40 p.m., she was followed by a white male in his 30s who was acting irrational and drunk. The suspect entered her dwelling, held her hand and demanded a kiss. He then fled.

Feb. 28

A Cambridge resident reported that unknown persons made telephone calls and left anti-gay messages on his answering machine. The telephone company was notified.

March 1

A Somerville resident reported that a male living in her house punched her in the face. The victim fled with her children to her mother-in-law's house in Cambridge and was followed by the man.

A Cambridge resident reported that at 2:20 p.m. four juveniles entered her store and began to shoplift. The juveniles then tried to buy an item that they were too young to purchase.